This role would be aware of BridgePoint’s corporate objectives and responsible for helping the President and team leads achieve the goals of a growing construction company specializing in commercial construction up-fits, renovations, and healthcare/labs. Business Development Coordinator should be established with a proven track record utilizing current connections to create potential business in the Raleigh-Durham area and possess high-level skills in relationship building and networking. In this position, you will help expand our clientele, meet with architects, developers, brokers, potential clients, and have the discretion to create and apply an effective sales strategy. Existing relationships with architects, owners, and end-users applicable to the commercial construction industry are a plus. To excel in this role you must have strong communication skills and be proficient in the use of modern technology. Estimating and presentation experience are not required, but strongly desired. Manages to be a self-starter, with leadership ability and will require minimal oversight for the successful growth of the company. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and develop commercial construction opportunities to increase the company’s income through existing and potential new clients with whom you will target, initiate, and develop a business relationship.
- Ensure that management is constantly updated on commercial activity, market opportunities, status, trends, and business developments.
- Obtain customer feedback on products/service quality and share with management to continuously improve the business operations;
- Oversee proposals and assist in marketing efforts on social media and print.
- Identify new market opportunities, taking the lead on constructing a robust and successful business proposal that secure new deals, contracts, and long term relationships.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality throughout: on current business activities, short-long term plans, proposals under scrutiny, and any other activity related to the business;
- Ensure areas of responsibility are delivered in a way that is consistent with the company’s goals and financial-cost improvement plans;
- Develop and maintain an excellent rapport with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, construction organizations, etc.
- Represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events, demonstrations, and other related activities;
- Attend networking events.
- Identify potential prospects by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Create and manage company marketing target-list – update monthly & review with Shelley.
- Lead management and generation.
- Protects BGC’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Our Business Development Coordinator must have the communication skills and personal presence to represent our firm positively and professionally. Continue to develop good relationships with the subcontractors, Owner, Architect and Consultants, the Job Staff, the Subcontractors, Government Officials, and with adjoining property owners. (Remember that you are the BD & Marketing representative of BridgePoint.)
- Business Development and Marketing experience is required. Commercial Construction is a plus.
- Keep the President and Preconstruction Manager abreast of any upcoming project opportunities.
- Market BridgePoint at all available opportunities.
- Highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Must be goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Eager to expand the company with new project leads and clients with the Triangle area.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to establish respect among team members, motivates the team, be readily available, be decisive, and persuasive.
- Ability to quickly identify problems and efficiently solve them.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Participate in a community/industry related membership within an industry organizations and/or community-related engagement. E.g. NAIOP, NAWIC, Triangle Chapter of CFMA, SMPS, CoreNet Carolinas, CSI-Professional Construction Estimators Association Program, etc. Attend professional organization meetings/events as a representative of BridgePoint.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.