REPORTS TO: President/Project Manager
BridgePoint seeks a Superintendent with a minimum of 5 years of experience at the Superintendent level. The Superintendent’s primary focus will be managing the daily activity on the job site to deliver high-quality projects to new and repeat clients. BridgePoint is a fast-growing construction company specializing in commercial construction up-fits, renovations, and new construction located in Durham North Carolina. The Superintendent is responsible for maintaining orderliness on-site, compliance with construction and safety regulations, ensuring quality standards are met, and all equipment and materials are available on-site at all times. Coordinates with inspection authorities regarding approvals. Oversees all phases of the assigned construction project. The work environment is dynamic and fast-paced. These projects are located in the Triangle Area of North Carolina.
- Managing the day-to-day construction activities to assure that the project milestone dates are met and coordinate means and methods to assure the successful and profitable execution of the work.
- Primary individual that ensures that all the aspects of the project are in compliance with the contract documents and meet the highest standards.
- Provide strong leadership to assure the safety, efficiency, and cleanliness at all times.
- Primary individual to assure that dimensional controls are met including supervising lay-outs by Subs.
- Conducting weekly meetings with Clients and Subs and reporting to both client and management.
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively design solutions which are coordinated between the Subs, the Design team and the Owner; thereby maintaining project schedule and profitability.
- Careful review and understanding of the project documents, subcontracts, purchase orders and schedules with the PM.
- Will provide daily reports on the actions and events that occur on a daily basis and provide this to the Project manager and /or Management Team.
- OSHA, First Our Superintendents are our primary interface with our Owners, Design Team, Sub-contractors and inspectors and must have the communication skills and personal appearance to represent our firm positively and professionally.
- Highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a commercial Superintendent on projects in the $1M-$5M range.
- A demonstrated understanding of all aspects of commercial construction associated with renovation, new construction and code-related issues.
- Excellent scheduling skills, including minimum 2 week look ahead schedules.
- Proficiency with construction software MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Superior organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to manage busy, multi-faceted projects.
- Self-motivated and able to assume responsibility for an assignment of this magnitude and assume the lead role of supervision and deliver superior results.
- Current safety credentials to include at a minimum 30 Hours Aid, and CPR.
At BridgePoint, Our Values Are Simple
To provide exceptional construction services. Where employees are proud of our work and clients are family.
To change the way you think about construction.
PASSION Demonstrated through enthusiasm, eagerness, and a can-do attitude.
AUTHENTICITY Exhibited in community strength, personal touch, and client comfort.
INNOVATION Accomplished by creative problem solving, flexibility, and drive.
TRUST Achieved through integrity, loyalty, reliability, and communication.
“I love my role at BridgePoint because I am offered the opportunity to lead my site and project with all the correct tools and information in a safe and clean manner to deliver my job on time.” – Superintendent
“BridgePoint has the resources and capabilities of a large firm while maintaining the culture of communication and collaboration found at smaller firms. It’s the best of both worlds.” – Superintendent
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. A benefit program includes medical insurance and 401 K options as well as a bonus structure.
BGC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We prohibit discrimination and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.